The Bose SoundLink Mini is a wi-fi speaker that delivers wonderful sound high quality. You may be questioning if you will get extra out of this linked speaker by utilizing Alexa with it.
Does Bose SoundLink Mini work with Alexa? The reply is sure. We can simply join this wi-fi speaker to an Alexa-enabled machine. It permits us to manage our Bose speaker and unlock voice-managed options.
Here we’ll offer you some suggestions for utilizing Alexa along with your wi-fi speaker and methods to troubleshoot widespread points when pairing a brand new Bose speaker with an Alexa-enabled machine.
Read on to be taught extra about connecting Alexa to your Bose speaker.
What Is Alexa?
Alexa is a digital assistant from Amazon. It’s a service you’ll be able to entry from a variety of units, together with some sensible shows just like the Echo Show, some audio system just like the Echo Dot, or Amazon’s household of Fire tablets.
Plus, you’ll be able to obtain the Alexa app on iOS and Android to entry this digital assistant in your telephone.
Alexa and Bose Products
Bose gives headphones, audio system, wearables, and different tech merchandise. This producer is a frontrunner in wi-fi connectivity, which makes merchandise just like the Bose SoundLink Mini a fantastic addition to your sensible residence setup.
Alexa introduces a brand new manner of speaking along with your Bose merchandise. Enabling Alexa on a Bose speaker means you’ll be able to situation voice queries and ship audio from one other machine to your Bose speaker.
If you will have a tool just like the Echo Dot, you’ll be able to entry all of the options of this sensible speaker through your Bose SoundLink Mini. It’s a good way of enjoying music all through your own home or of accessing the capabilities of your Echo Dot from exterior because of the wi-fi Bluetooth connectivity and portability of the Bose SoundLink Mini.
With the Echo Dot permitting you to make telephone calls, management sensible lights and linked thermostats, search for issues on-line, information you thru exercises, play voice-based mostly video games, and handle timers and alarms, you will get much more out of your Bose speaker.
How to Connect Alexa to Your Bose SoundLink Mini
Does Bose SoundLink Mini work with Alexa? Yes, and there are other ways of enabling Alexa in your Bose speaker.
Method #1: With the Alexa App
This technique works when you have a pill, telephone, or sensible show the place Alexa is constructed-in. It additionally works when you have downloaded the Alexa app.
- Open the Alexa app and sign up to your Amazon account if it’s your first time utilizing it.
- Turn your Bose SoundLink Mini on and press the Bluetooth button. You will see a blue mild flashing.
- Open the Settings within the Alexa app or in your Alexa-enabled machine. Look for the Bluetooth possibility.
- Tap on the Pair Bluetooth machine possibility. The Alexa app will scan for close by units.
- Your Bose speaker ought to pop up in your display screen. Tap on it to attach it.
- You can then return to the Alexa app to handle your Bose speaker, together with selecting a reputation for this machine.
Method #2: With the Bose Skill
Skills are much like apps. You can add expertise to your Alexa account to entry extra options. Here’s how one can pair your Bose speaker to your Alexa account with the Bose ability:
- Open your Alexa app and use the search bar to search out the Bose ability. Typing ‘Bose’ ought to allow you to discover it.
- Install the Bose ability and log in to your SoundTouch account.
- Tap on Discover units and the Bose ability will begin on the lookout for close by Bluetooth units.
- Press the Bluetooth button in your Bose speaker to attach it to your Alexa-enabled machine.
Using the Bose ability to manage your SoundLink Mini is handy when you have a couple of Bose speaker since it is possible for you to to handle completely different units through a handy grid interface.
Method #3: With the Bose Music App
You can use the Bose Music app to attach your Amazon account to your Bose speaker:
- Open the Bose Music app and faucet on the Settings icon within the prime proper nook.
- Select Voice Assistant, then Alexa.
- Follow the prompts to attach your Amazon account to your Bose speaker.
Method #4: With an Echo Dot Speaker
If you will have an Echo Dot speaker, you’ll be able to pair it along with your Bose SoundLink Mini:
- Open the Alexa app and navigate to Settings.
- Choose Device settings and choose your Echo Dot speaker.
- You can then faucet on Bluetooth units and press the Bluetooth button in your Bose speaker.
- The Alexa app will scan for close by units and join your Bose speaker to your Echo Dot sensible speaker.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you run into points when enabling Alexa in your Bose SoundLink Mini, there are some things you’ll be able to attempt:
- Check the amount and battery degree of your Bose speaker.
- Adjust the vary. You will get one of the best outcomes for those who’re inside 33 toes of your Bose speaker.
- If you’re utilizing the Alexa app on a telephone, ensure your machine has Bluetooth connectivity enabled.
- Users report compatibility points with third-technology SoundLink audio system. First and second-technology audio system appear to connect with Alexa with none points. It may take a number of tries to pair a 3rd-technology speaker with an Alexa-enabled machine.
- You can run into points for those who paired your Bose speaker or Echo Dot speaker with different units.
- Resetting your Bose speaker, telephone, or Echo Dot speaker can resolve various connectivity points.
- Check the Bose replace middle to ensure your speaker is utilizing the most recent model of the firmware.
Here are a number of further issues to learn about utilizing Amazon’s digital assistant along with your Bose speaker.
What Can You Do With Alexa in your Bose Speaker?
You can use voice instructions to play music, however you can too ship audio from one other sensible machine. If you will have an Echo Dot or sensible show, you’ll be able to ship information, climate, on-line searches, and extra to your Bose speaker.
How Can You Access Music Via Alexa?
You can play music obtainable by Amazon Music or hyperlink a Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, or Pandora account to Alexa. Open your Alexa app, faucet on Settings, after which Music & Media to handle your completely different accounts.
Can You Remove Alexa out of your Bose Speaker?
Yes, you’ll be able to take away your Amazon account out of your Bose speaker. Open the Bose Music app, go to Settings, and faucet on Voice assistant. Select Alexa and you’ll have the choice to take away your account.